Thursday, October 1, 2009

Perhaps I Should Post More Often...

I suppose I could make a number of all-too-obvious statements in the name of continuity. I won't.

I haven't been posting here or really anywhere in the mean time. My internet activity in this time has almost exclusively consisted of reading the links on my favourite web aggregator and posting the occasional comment there.

Well... that has lead to this. There was really nothing nagging me to blog until this latest incident. I went to read the aforementioned aggregator a couple weeks ago and after entering my username and password recieved the message, "That account is blocked."

Blocked? Really? Why? It's curious. I seldom post and the biggest disagreement I've had with anyone over there in the last year has been over whether the characterisation* of Canada as "America's Best Friend" is accurate. I maintain it is not.

It cannot be truthfully said that I have violated any real or implied terms of service, but then again, it's a private website and the proprietor has the right to ban anyone, anytime and for any reason or no reason.

Eventually I sent and e-mail through the website's e-mail entry box, politely requesting the reason why. I've received no reply. I'll probably send them one more request and wait a bit more before drawing any conclusions. I really don't care to speculate as to their grievance against me (if any), but I must say that if they feel they have a grievance it's either imaginary or it's such as to reflect horribly on them.

At this point you're asking, "What website are you talking about?" Well... I'm not going to get in to that just yet. It is out there that this website bans (among others) those who post negative things about it on other websites. I've never done such a thing up to this time and I've not the slightest desire in me to do so. I'd like them to come explain the blocking of my account, and then we can be friends or at least friendly. If at this point in the story I were to start doing that for which they ban people I would only justify what they've recently done. So I will remain chaste of that particular "sin". [Make no mistake, it's a safe bet that they consider me not worth the time nor effort to even reply.]

If they don't care to reply, or if their reply is sufficiently fantastic I suppose I will eventually reveal their identity [most of the people who might read this already know exactly who it is] but for now, I won't and I ask anyone who would be counted a friend to not speculate in any comments they might want to leave.

________________________________________

* A characterisation made not by the proprietor but by another user.

No comments:

/* begin pre-defined profile bar */