Friday, October 2, 2009

Injustice or Delicious Irony?

There is today only one Television program I go out of my way to watch. It is the only one I record and it's the only one whose preemption for breaking news irritates me. Unfortunately for me it is the program most likely to be preempted for whatever might be deemed a "news event".

The show is Fox News Network's Red Eye.

So of course when, for the first time ever, a US city's pitch to the IOC is covered as a live, breaking news event it happens exactly when Red Eye would otherwise air.

So the pitch failed. I don't think it counts as "schadenfreude" to be happy that a bunch of corrupt Chicago politicians failed in their latest scheme to rip off American tax payers.

It might be schadenfreude to be happy to see the Great Leader humiliated (over something irrelevant to his job) but to that I say, "Sorry Charlie, that's what you get for preempting Red Eye for the umpteenth time."

Really, I need the laughs, and the Great Leader's endless impersonations of a bad New-Age preacher don't provide any for me.

No comments:

/* begin pre-defined profile bar */